Currently due to the current circumstances we have limited provision available. As you know in ‘normal’ times we would never turn anyone down and would make space for any pupil. Sadly due to the circumstances we are only allowed a fixed number to stop the mixing of bubbles etc. Therefore there is a waiting list. If you would like to be added to this list you can email or ring the school office. We do hope to resume our usual flexible offer as soon as possible.
- We have Breakfast club provisions, starting from 7:30, 7:45 or 8:00 am
- The charge for a place for 7.30am is £4 per child per day
- The charge for a place for 7.35am is £3.50 per child per day
- The charge for a place for 8am is £3 per child per day
- The club is run in the Grey Room in the Junior School Building. Access is from the main entrance on Chilham Road and we ask that children are escorted to the front door the building by an adult, for their safety.
- Payments for Breakfast Club must be made via the MCAS app
- Children are offered a range of breakfast foods, including a variety of cereals, bagels, toast and toppings, fruit and yoghurts
- If you wish to join the waiting list in our Breakfast Club, please contact the school office in the first instance on 01634 231984
- Staff provide a range of activities and games during the session, helping children to build friendships across the different ages and fostering confidence in all the children who attend the activity
We ask all parents/carers who are taking up a place to complete our digital contract, which can be found here for your information:
The Magic Breakfast
The school is partnered with The Magic Breakfast Scheme which supports schools in providing breakfasts for those children who need it. We believe that every child should start their day with a good breakfast and if a child hasn't had an opportunity to have breakfast in the mornings, we are happy to facilitate that in school. More details of the important work of this charity can be found on their website: www.magicbreakfast.com
What do our parents think about the provision?
"Fantastic staff who provide excellent care at such good value. Staff have always taken care of my children and ensured my daughters dietary requirements are met at all times. My son recently had a foot injury outside of school and the staff went above and beyond to make sure he was safe at breakfast club, walking him to his class separately so that he would not be hurt on route. My kids are happy in their care and well looked after so could not ask for more"
Parent feedback, February 2019
What about the children who come to Breakfast Club - what do they think about it?
"What I love about breakfast club is that their games are great and they have a lovely spread of games such as: drawing, Lego, football and hockey table and much more. The breakfast club staff are wonderful and are so helpful, kind and generous. Every there is thoughtful of others and we all care for each other" Year 5 student
"I like breakfast club because it's really fun" Year 2 student
"I like breakfast club because I like the awesome toys and I like to play with my friends. Also it wakes me up so I'm not sleepy in class" Year 5 student
"I like it because the food is nice and some of my friends go there" Year 4 student